Slowly, summer is on its way out and kids will soon return to school. I was unable to care for our garden this year, since Emily arrived right around the time to plant, but our neighbor has a beautiful vegetable garden that he tends to every year and a few days ago, he gave us zucchini and corn.
I decided to keep it really simple by just grilling them and tossing them with other fresh ingredients that for me, are the epitome of summer. I served this alongside BBQ chicken; it was light and refreshing! I love the colors and the fact that it is not coated in a heavy dressing.
- 3 cobs of fresh corn, grilled and (cut off the cob once grilled)
- 1 medium zucchini, grilled and diced
- 3 small mini English cucumbers, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup mini san marzano tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped or torn
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut the zuchinni lengthwise in “planks” and coat lightly with oil. Grill all pieces on both sides and dice.
- Coat the corn lightly with oil and grill. Allow to cool, and cut off the kernels into a bowl.
- Mix the rest of the veggies together and coat with the dressing before serving.